Reduce Inflammation in the Brain and Body
Today, I want to talk about reducing inflammation proactively in the body. Inflammation is a systemic wide issue. If you’re inflamed, your brain is inflamed and many other parts of your body. In the brain, in particular, we have the hypothalamus, which drives how we metabolize food and how much energy we have. It also impacts stress, sleep and our body temperature. As inflammation reaches to our brain, our entire body is impacted.
Here are some ways to effectively reduce inflammation in the brain and body:
Clean Up Your Diet – As a nation, we consume too many highly processed, nutrient poor foods. I want you to reconsider the quality of what you’re eating. More processed diets, like those full of gluten, grains, dairy and sugar, drive inflammation.
- Support a Healthy Gut Bacteria – Ingest good quality probiotics that will support a healthy gut flora. 75-85% of our immunity is in our gut so we need to nurture our gut with fruits, veggies, and high quality foods.
- Consume Healthy Fats – Get rid of canola oil, soy oil, and any highly inflammatory oils. These are generally rancid, and inflame the body. Instead, use coconut oil, extra virgin oil, grass fed butter or ghee.
- Undergo Meditation – Yoga and meditation help settle the mind and calm the body. Both of these practices also release neurotransmitters in our gut and in our brain.
- Get Enough Sleep – Inflammation drives down melatonin production and fuels cortisol which impacts our sleep quality. For better sleep, sleep in a cool, dark room. Shut off electronics 60-90 minutes before bed. If you must work on your computer at night, wear blue light blocking glasses. Try to limit as much stimulation as possible in the evening hours.
- Acupuncture = I’m still learning about it, but I have some wonderful friends who are acupuncturists and they have taught me all about its benefits in the body like improving cortisol levels and neurotransmitter levels.
Overall, our goal should be to quiet inflammation in the body. Inflammation is at the basis for every long term disease we’re seeing like obesity, diabetes, and autoimmune diseases.
In my 6 week Wholistic Blueprint program, we touch on inflammation as well as food cravings, how to support sleep, stubborn weight gain and energy issues all in a supportive virtual classroom.
The program begins October 16th and will be my last class of 2017 before the new year. Additionally, the price will be increasing in January, so jump into the program now!
Sign Up for the Wholistic Blueprint!